Jan 26, 2010

TURTLE BROWNIES....Do I dare?

YES I DID

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

While blog hopping one day, I came across this recipe on Betty Crocker's website for "Ultimate Turtle Brownie". (Have I ever mentioned that I have no willpower for baked goods?} I just knew that I had to make these for myself my son and his girlfriend. Chocolate, caramel & nuts! OH MY GOD !!!! They are delicious!!!!
I tweaked their recipe just a bit and here it is.......

Ultimate Turtle Brownies

1 box family size brownie mix
water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
1 bag (14 oz) caramels, unwrapped
1/4 c. whipping cream
1 bag (11.5 oz)semisweet chocolate chips (2 c.)
1 c. coarsely chopped pecans

Heat oven to 350°
Grease and flour bottom and sides of 13"x9" pan.
In medium bowl, stir brownie mix and the ingredients called for on box to make them, until well blended. Spread 1/2 of this batter (about 1 1/2 c.) in pan. Bake 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large microwaveable bowl, microwave caramels and whipping cream uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
Pour caramel over partially baked brownie; spread to edges. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the pecans. Drop remaining brownie batter by small spoonfuls onto caramel layer. Sprinkle with remaining 1 c. chocolate chips and 1/2 c. pecans.
Bake 33-36 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool 1 hour at room temperature. Cover; refridgerate 1 hour before serving. Store covered at room temperature.


I had to fix some Spinach Salad and homemade Veggie Soup for supper that night to make up for some of those calories!!!!
Enjoy!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: