Dec 7, 2009

My son has great taste

He picked out this faucet...Let me start from the beginning.



Our old faucet had a leak & it was getting a little worse. Last Saturday night I lay in bed, trying to get to sleep. But all I heard was this drip...drip...drip. The next morning I informed the dear hubby that it had to be fixed. So I called my "Mr. Fixit" (my son). He came on over and starting taking everything all apart. Then he said" where's the new faucet?"
OMG, I hadn't gotten one yet.
I've been fighting off a stomach flu for a couple of days and not gone anywhere & didn't feel like going anywhere yet. SO....Dear Hubby and the son volunteered to go pick one out. My only request was that it has a tall neck on it so I could fit my big pans underneath.
After returning from the hardware store, Hubby walks in the house. "Remind me not to go shopping with Tom again! He has expensive taste. I had one picked out for $68 & he talked me into getting this one for $200. You better like it!" Then Tom walks in with this smirk on his face. I could just picture the debate in my head. Like two little boys arguing in the aisle. I'm not sure how Tom won because that doesn't usually happen. But I'm sure glad he did because I love it!
I wouldn't be surprised if Tom decided to replace his faucet at his home too! LOL
Now I can sleep in peace!!

I have to show you the surprise that came in my mail the other day. It was from a new blogging friend, Jenny Matlock!



It's her instructional book on how to make "ZIPPY STRIPPY QUILTS". She even autographed it!! How lucky am I?
It's a great book with exceptionally nice instructions and photos. I'm going to have to try & make one after the holidays. They look like a lot of fun to make and fairly simple too.
She is also having a "Sweet & Sour" giveaway. You must check it out! Just click on the lemons on my sidebar. Yes I did say lemons :0}

I haven't been posting or visiting for a couple of days now. So I think I'm on my way to some blog surfing & catching up.


Happy Holidays!

No comments: