Dec 13, 2009

My BESTEST FRIEND EVER


I'm sitting here at my computer trying to think of the words to write about this wonderful guy. There are so many things whirling around in my head...how I used to clerk for him when he was an auctioneer many many years ago, how my dear hubby has drove him around all day for the last 2 years & looked forward to spending every single minute of it, how he has taught all of my kids & grandkids( or the "rodents" as he called them) to be independant and fun, how we spent almost every New Years Eve with him & his wife playing cards, how he could put a smile on your face every time he stepped into the room, how every child he met would call him Uncle Ben, how he could come up with such extraordinary ideas, how him & his brothers and sister are like family. I could go on & on. But I couldn't possibly tell you how much I am going to miss him.
God has taken him to Heaven.

The battle with his brain tumors has ended.
His family had a "celebration of life" ceremony for him this weekend. He had told everyone that he wanted them to remember him happy. They had a very nice Church service then some of his family spoke of good times that they spent with him. Afterwards there was a pizza party to remember the 'Saturday night Pizza Hut family and friends gatherings' that he never missed!
There were still many many tears shed.

No comments: