Oct 24, 2009

Pleasant Vacation! Now back to work??


Hubby and I had such a relaxing time while on our little vacation. We visited with some friends (Ben & Laneda) at their Florida home. For the first time in a long while, we didn't have to deal with having to take kids to a theme park or try to keep kids occupied so they weren't bored. Although I did call almost every night just to keep in touch.
Since I've lived in northern Indiana all of my life, I truly enjoyed the hot weather in October. And to be able to look out the back porch and see bananas or lemons growing on a tree. Pure paradise for this country Hoosier.

But the ALL TIME BEST was when we went down to the beach and just bobbed in the water. We even saw some dolphins out in the distance.
It was truly a most memorable vacation. You see...
2 years ago, Ben had a seizure and found out that he had a brain tumor. He had brain surgery to have the tumor removed. The surgery went well. Because of his surgery he wasn't allowed to drive. So my hubby has been his driver ever since. He has been taking him to all of his therapys and to his work (Ben owns his own business). Laneda had to keep working because she had the insurance coverage. We have known both of them since our school days (many, many, many years ago LOL).
While in Florida, we noticed that his speech was getting worse and he wasn't walking very well. Hubby just let him lean on his shoulders a lot. So we just took it very easy. Swam in the ocean and played a lot of cards. After our return home, Ben went back to the doctor. It was not good news. He has another tumor that is rapidly growing and they can't do anymore surgery. They told Laneda that he only had a short time to be with us. We have been spending as much time with them as possible now. I am so glad that we decided to take our vacation when we did!

Needless to say... I am behind on getting my Etsy shop opened again. I am still working on some projects. Like this little ugly doll.

I am really hoping that I can get it going in the next week. I hope you will still come and check it out then.

Please pray for our friend Ben and his family!
Thank you

No comments: