Jan 3, 2009

My pink cupboards are started!


Well I finally got off my duff and got started on my kitchen cupboards. I have about half of them painted a pretty pink. "Boy are they pink!" LOL That was my hubby's comment. I think he still remembers when we were first married back in the early 70's and I painted the old metal kitchen cabinets in our first house. They were a lime green! Yes, I said lime green (remember it was the 70s and we were still in our teens). Then I, pulled all the torn linoleum up and painted the wood floor black with paint splatters of the green and yellow and orange. It was quite colorful.
Anyway, back to the pink cupboards! LOL
I'm hoping to finish the rest of the pink tomorrow. Then I can start with the crackle finish. They will be white cupboards with the pink showing in the background of the crackle. I can see it perfectly in my mind but it is hard for others to see my vision. I didn't bother taking all my STUFF down from the top of the cupboards just yet. I will have to do that when I paint the white. I should sort out some of it and not have so much up there. But I have a hard time parting with anything. Heck I wouldn't have bought it in the first place if I didn't like it. Besides what are shelves for? To put your stuff on!!!
OK, I'm going to go get some rest so I can get up early! I'm anxious to get back to work on those cupboards now that I've got them started. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

No comments: