Jan 6, 2011

Hi My name is Judy

I'm not very good at "tooting my own horn" but I'll give it a try.

I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 44 years. We have 4 kids ( 3 girls and the youngest is the boy) and 3 grandkids (2 girls & 1 boy)... well actually 4, my son's fiancee has a girl too. My middle daughter is mildly mentally handicapped and she has one of my granddaughters. They both live with us. So I will never have an Empty Nest. But that's good because I didn't like the QUIET when they were all gone.
We live in an old house on 22 acres of ground that once belonged to my Hubby's grandfather. We also have our own private lake that the whole family likes to play on.
Photobucket I have been doing something crafty my whole life. I remember making Barbie doll clothes when I was just old enough to thread a needle. Now I'm passing that on to the grandkids. They love to come to my house to make stuff. There aren't too many crafts that I haven't tried. But there are a few & I'm sure I will try most of them before I'm gone. I had my own little shop for awhile & taught decorative painting for about 5 years.
I Love to paint!
Here are some things that I've painted:

Tammi's bathroom cabinetcabinet redo
Photobucket

I also like to sew:
Photobucketsnowlady giveawayZacks quilt

I also like to mosaic, embroider, crazy quilt, crochet, rug hook and so many more.

I love to garden and do a lot of canning each fall.
And I love to decorate my home with shabby primitives & antiques with a bit of pink & aqua thrown in.

These are things that I like or collect:

wool & anything made with wool
purple cow collection
Longaberger basket collection
pink & blue Fiestaware
jadite
redware
aprons
stitcheries
bluebirds / cardinals
doilies
crocks
quilts
wooden bowls
pillows
ornies for my little tree
Hall Crocus dinnerware
snowmen
salt glazed pottery
vintage canning jars
handmade dolls
plants / seeds
potpourri
chocolate
almonds
rolling pins
favorite colors: pink, aqua, sage green, barn red, mustard & purple

Wow, guess I should've just listed the things I don't like:
rhubarb, Americana, sushi, fruit scented candles

I've been put on a gluten free diet due to my intolerance of wheat, barley & rye. But that's not all bad cause it has helped me in my weight loss journey.





Well that's all I can think of to tell you about my 60 year old self!

No comments: