Mar 6, 2010

This is what I've been busy at lately...

These are the BOM's that Ive been working on.
If you aren't familiar with the sewing jargon...BOM is for 'Block Of the Month'. These are projects that designer have where they will post a new pattern each month for a particular block on a quilt. At the end of the 9-12 months, you should have a quilt top ready to assemble & finish.
I thought if I did a little at a time on each quilt I wouldn't get too tired of it. I'm hoping this will help me get some things finished for some Christmas gifts.

This is my first attempt at trying to do redwork!
I can see where I will be doing more of this. The embroideries are going fairly quick.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

These are blocks 1 & 2 of the "Love is" BOM and

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

blocks 3 & 4 of the "Love Is" Bom.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have used gold and tan cotton fabrics for the backgrounds on the "Simple Thymes" BOM and wool or wool felt for the appliques. The sheep is a white minky fabric.

The "Snowbound" BOM is coming along nicely also. I'm using my three favorite colors: aqua, pink and red.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Block number 1

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Block #2

Now on to the next blocks and I have a couple more that I would like to start also.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: