Dec 13, 2010

New lights for the Tree

Every year for the last couple of years, I have gotten the Christmas tree completely decorated only to find that a couple of days later there is a strand of lights that doesn't want to stay lit. How frustrating! So this year I decided we needed new lights. I always put multi-colored lights on the tree before but I really wanted a complete change. I wanted something that would go with all my snowman ornaments. It was either going to be all white or all blue. I chose to get some LED lights in BLUE. The grandkids helped me do the tree decorating this year, so they wrapped all the lights on the tree and we plugged them in. OMG...LED lights are so much brighter! It took me a little while to get used to all the blueness. But I think I like it!

Photobucket
Photobucket

What I'm not sure about is the effect on my ceiling. Look at this!

Photobucket

It reminds me of a Disco. LOL Especially with the star that blinks too.
It definately is a change from before. The grandkids love it!
I'm sure I will too after I get all the ornaments on it.

Photobucket

No comments: